Our team masters all dispute resolution methods in order to offer the most appropriate solution for the challenges of each case.
Our team assists our French and international clients, private parties and States, in all their disputes, providing direct support to legal departments and decision-makers at the heart of their operational issues.
Our lawyers have extensive experience in dispute resolution through litigation, arbitration, business criminal law or mediation/conciliation, particularly in the context of complex international disputes. The team strives to offer a global solution, adapted to each case, according to the jurisdiction and the resolution method relevant to the case, in order to promote the most relevant and efficient settlement approach.
We are recognized as one of the leading independent French litigation firms in France and internationally for our strategic vision of high-stakes litigation.
Our procedural approach is adapted to each jurisdiction and is recognized in all civil and commercial courts.
Our highly experienced litigation team, with its multi-sectoral approach, is committed to rapidly developing innovative and high value-added solutions for our clients, particularly in complex cases.
We also have an extensive network of international correspondents capable of implementing our strategic vision and risk management in over 150 judgments.
COMMERCIAL AND INVESTMENT ARBITRATION
With a long-standing practice in domestic and international arbitration, our lawyers regularly advise and represent clients in the following matters:
- Post M&A
- International trade law
- Private international law
- Investment Law
- Energy Law
- Mining Law
- Unified African Law
- Major infrastructure projects
Our teams have experience of the main commercial and investment arbitration centers (notably ICC, ICSID, CCJA) as well as of ad hoc arbitration and appeals and enforcement of awards.
Our lawyers also act as arbitrators (chairman, co-arbitrator, sole arbitrator and mediator) and as experts.
Jeantet has also developed a specific and recognized expertise in arbitration in targeted geographical areas, particularly in Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
Our expertise and technicality in the field of amicable dispute resolution is recognized and acclaimed.
More and more commonly accepted by economic stakeholders and States, mediation and conciliation proceedings allow for the swift and confidential resolution of often complex conflict situations. These solutions have the advantage of overcoming judicial uncertainty and making the agreement reached that of the parties involved.
Our versatile and experienced teams have extensive know-how in France and abroad in the following areas:
- Amicable resolution and mediation clauses
- Appointment of mediators and drafting of mediation agreements
- Ad-hoc and institutional mediation
- Mediation at all stages of disputes and litigation
Our team has developed a specific expertise in « enforcement procedures » to assist you upstream or in the implementation of court decisions.
Mindful of what is at stake for our clients, we have developed this critically important practice according to a simple philosophy : without enforcement, a court decision is of no value.
From the implementation of precautionary measures, through the follow-up and litigation of enforcement measures, to the enforcement of decisions issued by any court, our lawyers combine expertise and technicality to advise you and ensure the success of legal proceedings.
The Litigation - Arbitration - Mediation team assists our clients in all pre-litigation and litigation cases relating to insolvency proceedings, in particular disputes relating to the liability of managers and partners of companies undergoing insolvency proceedings.
This is done in close liaison and full collaboration with our Restructuring team.
We advise and assist our clients, companies, managers and employees in France and abroad, in the context of complex economic and financial cases, particularly with regard to the penalties incurred and the reputational risk, at all stages of the proceedings :
- judicial investigations (French National financial prosecutor’s office) or administrative investigations ;
- inquiries (economic and financial section of the investigation) ;
- criminal courts or administrative authorities ( French financial markets authority, French anti-corruption agency) ;
- Alternative measures to criminal prosecution (appearance on prior recognition of guilt) or criminal settlements (judicial public interest agreements).
We assist you at all stages of criminal proceedings for offences relating to :
- Criminal tax law : tax fraud, tax laundering ;
- Offenses against integrity : corruption, influence peddling, illegal taking of interest, favoritism ;
- Corporate criminal law : misuse of corporate assets, breach of trust, fraud ;
- Criminal stock exchange law : dissemination of false or misleading information, presentation of inaccurate accounts, insider trading ;
- Criminal labor law : obstruction, illegal provision of labor, haggling, harassment, damage to employees’ health ;
- Criminal consumer law : deception, misleading commercial practices, abuse of weakness, misleading advertising ;
- Banking and financial criminal law : money laundering, misappropriation of funds and securities, illegal canvassing ;
- Criminal law of competition : non-compete, counterfeiting ;
- Environmental criminal law : pollution, waste ;
- Criminal law of the press : defamation, insult ;
- Cybercrime : attacks on automated data processing systems, industrial espionage, presidential fraud.
INDUSTRIAL RISKS AND DEFECTIVE PRODUCT LIABILITY
Jeantet has a highly regarded practice in industrial risks and defective product liability cases.
In this regard, our team handles numerous cases for industrial groups and/or their insurers, notably in connection with major incidents (fires, explosions, machine breakdowns, etc.).
Our lawyers are involved in the early stages of disputes, to put in place urgent action plans in the event of incidents. When necessary, we also represent our clients in the context of amicable or judicial expert appraisals as well as before the courts for complex technical disputes.
The firm also deals with all insurance issues that may arise following a claim.
Our clients are active in a wide range of sectors, including rail, automotive and maritime transportation, energy, construction, new technologies and health.