PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Your privacy and the protection of your personal data are of particular importance to Jeantet.
The term “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
Jeantet may collect the following Personal Data about you:
- Identity and contact data including your surname, first name, title, address, date of birth, zip code, town or city where you live, email address, company, job title and telephone number and, in the event of a visit to our premises, your CCTV images.
- Marketing and communication data including your preferences about receiving our newsletter and marketing communications;
- Technical and analytical data including information about your access to and use of our Site such as protocol address (IP), your connection data, browser type and version, time zone and location, pages you visited and links you followed on our Site;
- Information regarding the processing of emails and communications sent to you, such as the date and time you received the emails, the date and time you opened them, information regarding your interactions with the content transmitted.
Depending on your interaction with the Site, the collection of certain Personal Data may be required to be provided while other information is optional. Where collection is required, Jeantet will notify you at the time of collection.
If you fail to provide us with the Personal Data requested, we will not be able to provide you with all of the products or services offered by the Site.
HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
Jeantet only collects your Personal Data if its use is justified by one of the following cases:
- Where your Personal Data enables the fulfilment of pre-contractual measures or our contractual obligations to you;
- Where you have given us your consent;
- Where your Personal Data is necessary for our legitimate interests;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Your Personal Data is used to help us achieve the following purposes:
- To communicate with you and manage your requests;
- To send you our communications (customer alerts, legal watch, information on training courses, invitations in connection with legal or economic developments, satisfaction surveys, information on Jeantet and its activities etc.);
- To ensure the security of our premises (visitor badge and video surveillance system);
- To administer and protect our Site;
- To analyze your browsing data in order to improve our Site and your experience of the Site;
- To process your application;
- To manage the Jeantet Alumni database of former Jeantet associates and partners;
- To meet our legal or regulatory obligations.
IN WHAT CONTEXT IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We collect your Personal Data in a variety of ways:
Direct interactions with Jeantet and the Site:
You may provide us with Personal Data in person or by filling out a form or through correspondence (via mail, telephone, email, social networks or otherwise). This includes Personal Data that you provide in the context of:
- the handling of a matter entrusted to Jeantet ;
- your visit to Jeantet’s office;
- sending a job application;
- your subscription to our communications;
- your attendance to an event organized by Jeantet;
- your registration to Jeantet Alumni;
- sending a message via the Site.
As you navigate our Site, we may automatically collect technical data about your browsing hardware, actions and patterns. We may also collect, subject to your consent, data about your browsing on the Site for statistical analysis. We collect this Personal Data through cookies. Read the “Cookies” section of the Policy for more information.
The various Jeantet communications you may receive by email are tracked. This tracking allows us to know whether you have received, opened and possibly interacted with the content transmitted. If you no longer wish to receive our communications, you may choose to unsubscribe by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the following address: email@example.com.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
We do not transfer your Personal Data outside the European Economic Area.
RETENTION PERIOD OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data is kept for a period that does not exceed the time necessary for the purposes for which it is collected and processed.
However, this does not prevent us from keeping your Personal Data for an intermediate period of time if specific legal or regulatory provisions require us to do so or if the Personal Data is of interest to Jeantet in the event of a dispute, justifying the retention of your Personal Data within the applicable limitation/prescription period.
In some cases, we may anonymize your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information with no particular retention period.
You have the right, under certain conditions, to consult and access your Personal Data, to rectify it or to obtain its deletion. You also have the right to limit and/or object to the processing of your Personal Data, in particular with regard to our communications. You have, among others, the right to the portability of your Personal Data.
You also have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your Personal Data with effect for the future.
If you have any questions on this subject or wish to exercise the above rights, please contact our DPO: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe, after having contacted us, that your rights have not been respected, you may submit a complaint to the CNIL.
TRANSFER OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We may share your Personal Data with our internal personnel authorized by virtue of their position or duties and, if necessary for the purposes mentioned above, with:
- our third party service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as IT service providers;
- our third-party analytics partners who monitor traffic on the Site;
- third parties if we are required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (i) meet the request of a public or administrative authority, (ii) comply with the requirements of the law or an administrative or legal proceeding, or (iii) protect or defend our legal interests, our property, our Site and our customers.
Any sale of your Personal Data is prohibited.
When you connect to the Site, we may place different types of cookies on your terminal:
Cookies not subject to your prior consent:
Strictly necessary cookies. These “technical” cookies are essential to the navigation and proper operation of the Site. These cookies allow us to keep your preferences on the placing of cookies, to give you access to specific features or services. If you reject these cookies, some or all of the Site’s features may not function properly.
- Privacy cookies: allows you to store your privacy preferences and cookie selection.
Cookies subject to your prior consent:
Language preference cookies. These cookies allow you to recognize the language of your browser and to offer you the Jeantet site in different languages.
- WPML: allows you to set the language to be used on the Site.
Analytical and performance cookies. These cookies allow us to identify and count the number of visitors and to define their navigation mode on the Site. They allow us to track your navigation on the Site for statistical purposes and to improve the operation and layout of the Site (for example, the most frequently consulted pages). If you do not accept this category of cookies, we will not be able to compile statistics or monitor the performance of our Site.
- google analytics: allows to measure the traffic on the Site.
If you have not managed your preferences from the cookies banner when you first connect to the Site, you can accept or reject analytical and performance cookies at any time directly via this Policy.
The agreement given is valid for a maximum of thirteen (13) months from the first placing of cookies in the terminal equipment. Some cookies expire at the end of your session on the Site and others remain on your terminal for longer.
Concerning the strictly necessary cookies, you can set your browser to refuse their use. Please note, however, that refusing to use these cookies may have an impact on the functionality of our Site. These settings are specific to each browser, and are accessible via the help menu of your browser:
For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
For Safari™: https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
For Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
For Firefox™: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
Jeantet takes all the necessary precautions, as well as the appropriate technical and organizational measures, to preserve the security of your Personal Data and, in particular, to prevent it from being altered, damaged, or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
If you have any questions regarding the use of your Personal Data or our Policy, you can contact our Data Protection Officer:
- by mail at the following address: Data Protection Officer, Jeantet AARPI, 11, rue Galilée – 75116 Paris;
- by email: email@example.com.