Catherine Saint Geniest is a partner in charge of the real estate practice and Co-Managing Partner of Jeantet since January 2019.
She has developed extensive experience in complex real estate transactions such as real estate development contracts, commercial leases. She is also involved in sales operations, both in transactions and in litigation.
Catherine is a former member of the Paris Bar Council (2010-2012), Chartered Surveyor – MRICS and Knight of the Legion of Honor.
She is a lecturer at the French Bar Association Training School.
Lawyer since : 1985
Bar. : Paris
Language(s) : French - English - Spanish
- Bar Training School (Ecole de Formation du Barreau), 1984
- Postgraduate degree in Law (Maîtrise en droit) – University of Toulouse 1 Capitole, 1983
- Bachelor of History (Licence d’histoire) – University of Toulouse Jean Jaurès, 1982
Member of :
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Le Cercle des Femmes de l’immobilier (CFI)
- Real estate in the age of energy performance – Business Immo BIG, March 2023
- Commercial rent indexation: quicksand! – Business Immo, november 2022
- ITW Catherine Saint Geniest “Commercial leases: “The jurisprudence is still not fixed”. Jurishebdo Immobilier, 05/23/2022
- [FLASH NEWS] Commercial leases: when is an exclusively upward indexation clause divisible?
- Transition énergétique – Vers un nouveau durcissement progressif de la réglementation encadrant la rénovation énergétique des bâtiments – Loyers et Copropriété, 01/12/2021
- Chronique Baux commerciaux – Semaine Juridique Entreprise et Affaires ,11/11/2021
- Commercial Leases – The Notarial and Real Estate Legal Week, 05/07/2021
- Real Estate News – State of health emergency and rents: the judicial court rejects the lessor’s plea of non-performance, 05/03/2021
- Interview: Arbitration and commercial leases – Loyers et copropriété, décembre 2020
- State of emergency and commercial leases: dispute resolution in the service of emergency
- Guide des baux commerciaux 2019/2020
- La loi Pinel ne ressuscite pas la prescription biennale acquise – Option Finance, 24/07/2017
- Assistance to Caisse des Dépôts et des Consignations in connection with investments in several real estate projects.
- Advised La Française Real Estate Managers in connection with the acquisition of the Smart’Up building from Tishman Speyer.
- Assistance to a gym clubs company on all their real estate law issues.
- Assistance to Lidl in several outlet acquisition projects.
- Assistance to a French retailer in all of its real estate law issues.
- Assistance to real estate investment and asset management companies in their real estate law issues (acquisition, leasehold rights, rental disputes, construction defects, etc.).
Real estate in the age of energy performance – Business Immo BIG, March 2023
Avec près de 980 millions de m² de bâtiments tertiaires, le secteur de l’immobilier tertiaire est responsable de 30 % des consommations d’énergie en France. Face à ce constat les acteurs se trouvent contraints d’investir dans la transition énergétique et écologique du parc immobilier existant.
Paris | PROJECT FINANCING / PUBLIC LAW / PPP | REAL ESTATE
Jeantet advises Otium Capital in connection with the acquisition of Atraltech
Paris, March 10, 2023, Jeantet has advised Otium Capital, an evergreen investment company managing the assets of Pierre-Edouard Stérin, founder of Smartbox, in connection with the acquisition of Atraltech, the security division of Hager Group, the European specialist in professional security solutions. Atraltech, the French specialist and leader in alarm systems, is becoming once again […]
Paris | CORPORATE – M&A – PRIVATE EQUITY
Jeantet advises La Française Real Estate Managers in the acquisition of the co-living residence in Huningue
Paris, on January 6, 2023 – Jeantet has advised “La Française Real Estate Managers” (REM) in the acquisition, on behalf of an institutional investor, of “The 226”, a VEFA co-living residence in Haningue, a city bordering Basel (Switzerland). This acquisition was carried out with Constructa Les Editeurs Urbains, specialists in development and promotion, a subsidiary […]
Paris | REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
Commercial rent indexation: quicksand! – Business Immo, november 2022
Après une actualité jurisprudentielle fournie au cours des dernières années sur la validité des clauses d’échelle mobile limitant la variation indiciaire du loyer du bail commercial, c’est au tour du gouvernement et du législateur d’intervenir successivement pour contraindre l’indice des loyers commerciaux (ILC). Ainsi, par deux mesures à quelques mois d’intervalle, l’évolution indiciaire des loyers […]
Paris | REAL ESTATE
Best Lawyers in France : Rankings 2023
The firm is pleased to have 20 of its lawyers ranked, including 1 new entry in the following categories : Jean-François Adelle Banking and Finance Law Bertrand Biette Insolvency and Reorganization Law Jacques-Henry de Bourmont Tax Law Thierry Brun Corporate Law Mergers and Acquisitions Law Yvon Dréano Corporate Law Mergers and Acquisitions Law Karl Hepp […]
Paris | BANK-FINANCE-REGULATORY | LITIGATION – ARBITRATION – MEDIATION – CRIMINAL LAW | COMPETITION AND ECONOMIC LAW | CORPORATE – M&A – PRIVATE EQUITY | ENERGY AND NATURAL RESOURCES LAW | TAX | REAL ESTATE | MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS | CAPITAL MARKETS AND STOCK EXCHANGE LAW | IP, TECH & DATA | PUBLIC LAW – PUBLIC CONTRACTS | RESTRUCTURING – LAW OF COMPANIES IN DIFFICULTY
Jeantet advised Silverfleet Capital on the sale of the CoreDux Group to Arcline Investment Management
Paris, on 8 June 2022 – Jeantet advised Silverfleet Capital on the sale of the CoreDux Group, a manufacturer of flexible gas and fluid artery systems with group companies in the Netherlands, France, Germany and the United States, to Arcline Investment Management. Silverfleet Capital was advised by a joint team of Jeantet and the Dutch […]
Paris | CORPORATE – M&A – PRIVATE EQUITY | REAL ESTATE | EMPLOYMENT
ITW Catherine Saint Geniest “Commercial leases: “The jurisprudence is still not fixed”. Jurishebdo Immobilier, 05/23/2022
Catherine Saint Geniest describes recent case law on commercial leases, particularly in the face of the health crisis. She notes that two years after the outbreak of the covid-19 crisis, the case law is still not fixed.
Paris | REAL ESTATE
Jeantet advises La française Real Estate Managers (REM) on the first acquisition of its SCPI LF Avenir Santé
Paris, May 20, 2022 – Jeantet has advised La Française Real Estate Managers (REM) in the acquisition of a 5,971 sqm building via its SCPI LF Avenir Santé. SCPI LF Avenir Santé, La Française‘s first asset management company focusing on healthcare real estate in the heart of the city, launched in October 2021, has completed […]
Paris | REAL ESTATE
The secrets of firm longevity – LJA Magazine, 02/04/2022
Catherine Saint-Geniest and Karl Hepp de Sevelinges were interviewed by Aurélia Granel for her article on the longevity of law firms published in the LJA Magazine. Extract: “Les cabinets cinquantenaires pourraient être définis comme des institutions reconnues sur le marché français et à l’international, composées de fortes personnalités individuelles qui s’unissent sous une marque, parce […]
Jeantet advises La Française Real Estate Managers (REM) on the acquisition of two buildings a surface area of 16,900 sq.m
Paris, January 21, 2022– Jeantet advised La Française Real Estate Managers (REM) in connection with its acquisitions of two office buildings with a surface area of 16,900m², in the heart of the Gerland district, Lyon, from a joint development company. The transaction, which was carried out with 6e Sens Immobilier and Foncière Polygone, involves two […]
Paris | REAL ESTATE | REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
[FLASH NEWS] Commercial leases: when is an exclusively upward indexation clause divisible?
By a decision of January 12, 2022 n°21-11.169, the 3rd civil chamber of the Court of Cassation consolidates its jurisprudence on indexation clauses deemed not written. The Supreme Court thus considers that the mention of the determining and essential character of the indexation clause in the lessor’s consent is not sufficient to pronounce its indivisibility. […]
Paris | REAL ESTATE
Transition énergétique – Vers un nouveau durcissement progressif de la réglementation encadrant la rénovation énergétique des bâtiments – Loyers et Copropriété, 01/12/2021
Energy renovation of buildings is a national responsibility, and the government has been steadily developing a progressive but strict regulatory framework with an arsenal of measures that will eventually require all buildings to reduce their environmental impact and meet minimum performance standards. The “green value” in real estate is therefore emerging this time to ensure […]
Paris | REAL ESTATE | ENERGY TRANSITION AND CLIMATE CHANGE