Hortense Béthune specializes in business criminal law.
With several years’ experience in leading criminal law firms, she assists French and international clients with criminal proceedings, internal investigations and compliance matters, particularly in the context of anti-corruption measures arising from the Sapin 2 Law.
She advises companies and their executives in all phases of both pre-litigation investigations and litigation before the criminal courts (misuse of corporate assets, corruption, fraud, money laundering, tax fraud, influence peddling, illegal interest-taking, favoritism, insider trading, misrepresentation of accounts, bankruptcy, concealed work, deception, misleading commercial practices, breach of an STAD, etc.).
Hortense is a member of the Association des Avocats Pénalistes (ADAP), the Institut du Droit Pénal Fiscal et Financier (IDPF) and the Club des Femmes Pénalistes.
Lawyer since : 2016
Bar. : Paris
Language(s) : French - English
- School of Professional Education of the Paris Court of Appeal (EFB), CAPA , 2015-2016
- Master II Penal Matters Law – Lille Catholic University, 2013
- Master I Forensic Careers and Criminal Sciences – University of Poitiers, 2012
Member of :
- Association des Avocats Pénalistes (ADAP)
- Club des Femmes Pénalistes
- Institut du Droit Pénal Fiscal et Financier (IDPF)
- Professional secrecy: boom boom on searches and phone tapping! – L’Opinion, 09/21/2021
- Avec la mise en place du Parquet européen, le rôle de l’avocat comme défenseur des libertés individuelles plus que jamais primordial – Option Droit et Affaires, 09/06/2021
- Jeantet Law Firm: “With the Covid-19, criminal offences will be difficult to qualify”
- COVID-19: “the question of employers’ criminal liability is uncertain” (Jeantet)
- The criminal risks incurred by company managers in the context of a business recovery
- “State of health emergency: criminal risks for company managers” – L’Opinion, 04/09/2020
- “Coronavirus infects the economy: additional fiscal remedies needed to sustain growth” – L’Opinion, 04/02/2020