Hortense Béthune works in all areas of criminal business law related to economic, industrial and financial crime.
She advises French and foreign clients in particular in proceedings against companies (tax fraud, misrepresentation of accounts, etc.) and their directors and shareholders (misuse of corporate assets, corruption, fraud, money laundering, bankruptcy, insider trading, etc.).
She joined Jeantet’s litigation and tax teams to provide her expertise in criminal business law and particularly in criminal tax law.
Hortense is a member of the Association des Avocats Pénalistes (ADAP), of the Club des Femmes Pénalistes and the Institut du Droit Pénal Fiscal et Financier (IDPF).
Lawyer since : 2016
Bar. : Paris
Language(s) : French - English
- School of Professional Education of the Paris Court of Appeal (EFB), CAPA , 2015-2016
- Master II Penal Matters Law – Lille Catholic University, 2013
- Master I Forensic Careers and Criminal Sciences – University of Poitiers, 2012
Member of :
- Association des Avocats Pénalistes (ADAP)
- Club des Femmes Pénalistes
- Institut du Droit Pénal Fiscal et Financier (IDPF)
- Professional secrecy: boom boom on searches and phone tapping! – L’Opinion, 09/21/2021
- Avec la mise en place du Parquet européen, le rôle de l’avocat comme défenseur des libertés individuelles plus que jamais primordial – Option Droit et Affaires, 09/06/2021
- Jeantet Law Firm: “With the Covid-19, criminal offences will be difficult to qualify”
- COVID-19: “the question of employers’ criminal liability is uncertain” (Jeantet)
- The criminal risks incurred by company managers in the context of a business recovery
- “State of health emergency: criminal risks for company managers” – L’Opinion, 04/09/2020
- “Coronavirus infects the economy: additional fiscal remedies needed to sustain growth” – L’Opinion, 04/02/2020