Ioana Knoll-Tudor specializes in international commercial and investment arbitration. She is acting both as counsel and arbitrator (sole and party-appointed).
Ioana has an expertise in the CEE region and is also heading the Budapest office as well as the firm’s operations in neighbouring jurisdictions (Romania, Serbia, North Macedonia, Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, etc.).
Her book «The Fair and Equitable Treatment Standard in International Foreign Investment Law» published by Oxford University Press, is a reference in the field of international arbitration.
Ioana teaches and speaks at international conferences. She regularly publishes in the field of international arbitration.
Before joining Jeantet in 2015, Ioana worked in the Warsaw and Budapest offices of a major international law firm.
She is recommended since 2014 by clients in the Chambers Europe, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000 rankings. Chambers Global, 2016 – Ioana Knoll-Tudor has “extensive experience on mandates across SEE and CEE”.
Lawyer since : 2007
Bar. : Budapest - Madrid - Paris
Language(s) : Romanian - French - English - Spanish - Italian
- Doctorate in Law – European University Institute in Florence, 2006
- Law Degree from – Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2006
- Master’s Degree in European Law – College of Europe, 2002
- Master’s Degree in Law – University Panthéon-Assas (Paris II), 2001
Member of :
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member of the board of the Paris Arbitration Week – PAW (2021-2023)
- Founder and Vice-President of the Romanian Chapter of the Club Espanol de Arbitraje (CEA)
- ICC YAF Former Representative of Europe and Russia (ICC Young Arbitration Forum) (2019-2021)
- Paris Arbitration Week Recap: The Fair and Equitable Treatment Standard – Update and Perspectives – Arbitration blog, 04/14/2022
- Paris Arbitration Week Recap: Do and Don’t’s When Choosing a Seat and Enforcing in CEE/CIS/Russia: State of Play – Kluwer Arbitration Blog, 07/14/20
- State of emergency and commercial leases: dispute resolution in the service of emergency
- International Chamber of Commerce Dispute Resolution 2020 Bulletin
- Arbitrating in CEE & CIS: Transparency, Accountability and Choise of Arbitrators – Kluwer Arbitration Blog, 16 Mai 2019
- Emergency arbitration: evidence and practice from seven arbitral institutions
- The European and Singapore International Commercial Courts: several movements, a single symphony
- Les chambres internationales européennes et de Singapour : plusieurs mouvements, une seule symphonie
- The 2018 Hungarian Arbitration Act: Implications of the New Setting Aside Provisions
- Les rencontres de l’arbitrage et du contentieux
- Specialised Chambers for International Commercial Disputes: Paris in the Spotlight
- Création d’une Chambre Internationale : Paris au centre de la résolution des litiges commerciaux
- The Standard of Fair and Equitable Treatment in the International Law of Foreign Investment, Oxford University Press, 2008;
- Fair and Equitable Treatment and Human Rights, in Human Rights, International Investment Law and Investor-State Arbitration (ed. E-U Petersmann), Oxford University Press, 2009;
- Le droit des investissements et le droit de l’OMC, in Les mutations du droit de l’Organisation Mondiale du Commerce entre influences internationalistes et nécessaires réformes sectorielles (eds. Chaisse and T.Balmelli ), EDIS, Sept. 2007;