Bertrand Biette is a partner and co-head of Jeantet’s corporate restructuring practice. He works with both SMEs and large corporate groups, for both creditors and debtors, in the context of safeguard and turnaround strategies.
His dual legal and financial training contributes to his effective approach to the issues encountered by companies and enables him to propose innovative solutions consistent with the requirements of their businesses.
He also assists potential purchasers, shareholders or managers (i) in the purchase of companies facing specific situations (ii) dealing with the transformation of their business model (iii) submitted to oversized financial leverage.
After starting out as a strategy consultant, Bertrand Biette has specialized in assisting companies in difficulty for the past 30 years.
He has been a partner at law firms and auditing firms and notably headed the international Restructuring & Insolvency department of the firm Bird&Bird.
He is frequently called upon to help resolve complex disputes that can put companies at risk.
Lawyer since : 1994
Bar. : Paris
Language(s) : French - English - Spanish
- DESS Audit of the Malakoff company – Paris V
- Specialist in business turnarounds since 1990, legal and financial training
Member of :
- Specialized Commision of the Medef
- Institut Français des Praticiens des Procédures collectives (IFPPC)
- Association pour le Retournement des Entreprises (ARE)
- France Invest
- Association Française en Faveur de l’Institution Consulaire (AFFIC)
- End of public aid: how to minimise the impact on businesses? – Option Finance, 05/20/2021
- [INTERVIEW] Restructuring : preparing for the future in an uncertain world – ODA, 03/05/2021
- Opinion So that managers can take over their company after a bankruptcy – Les Echos, 08/10/2020
- Back to work: focus on safeguarding jobs and relaunching the economy – La Tribune, 19/09/2020
« Le régime de la prévention et du traitement des difficultés des entreprises » – Editions Joly – 2nde Edition 2013