Your complex digital projects require a perfect command of legal issues, but also an excellent understanding of the technical and economic challenges.
Intellectual property (“IP”), technologies, especially digital technologies (“Tech”) and data (“Data”) permeate all areas of economic activity. The protection and enhancement of intangible assets are increasingly at the heart of your company’s strategy.
These issues are transforming organizations, and are both deeply connected and structuring for the development of all economic players.
Our lawyers have extensive experience in technology transactions (mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships), digital transformation projects (major IT projects, e-commerce, data) and strategic litigation related to intellectual property (patents, trademarks, copyrights), information technology or data.
They also assist you in the implementation of your personal data compliance (GDPR audit and external DPO) and cybersecurity.
«Jeantet is one of the Top 3 IP/IT teams in France, by overall value of transactions advised in 2021» (PBV Directory)
Our transactional Tech practice is unique in France in terms of the diversity of its clients and the value and volume of transactions advised on.
For many years, we have represented listed (CAC 40, DAX, Nasdaq) and unlisted companies, investment funds, as well as growth-stage companies in the semiconductor, software, telecom, quantum computing, internet, pharmaceutical and biotech sectors.
This is why we have a comprehensive understanding of strategic transactions where technology assets and intellectual property rights are central to the value proposition.
Our team works closely with Jeantet’s Corporate/M&A department on the technology and IP aspects of complex transactions and helps you negotiate mergers, acquisitions (share deal or asset deal), joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Our teams are particularly well trained in the specificities of complex digital environments: if you are a digital solution provider (software editors, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS service providers, etc.) or a corporate client, we secure your technological projects and protect and enhance your intellectual property rights. We also cover all the issues raised by the digital transformation of the economy (electronic signature, artificial intelligence, etc.) as well as by Web 1.0 (e-commerce, digital media, online advertising), Web 2.0 (social networks) or Web 3.0 (internet of things, big data, etc.).
- Contracts, large IT projects, IT infrastructures, cloud :
- Negotiation and drafting of IT contracts, from the simplest to the most complex (development, maintenance, integration, ERP, migration, outsourcing, distribution, etc.) ;
- Cloud computing (Iaas, Paas, SaaS) ;
- License compliance audits (open source or proprietary).
- Digital media :
- Online advertising, programmatic advertising ;
- Social networks, video games, online gaming and betting ;
- Audiovisual, music, online press: broadcasting, streaming, P2P ;
- Online press offences (insult, defamation, etc.).
- Internet and e-commerce law :
- E-commerce / Internet technical intermediaries ;
- Blockchain ;
- Electronic signature ;
- Internet of things / Big data.
DATA COMPLIANCE & CYBERSECURITY
Our lawyers have significant experience in data privacy and cybersecurity issues. We take a practical approach by advising you not only on the legal aspects, but also by taking into account your environment (context and size of each company). We can help you implement international strategies and achieve your goals while advising you on the local specificities that still complicate the global data protection landscape today. Our experience curve is steadily increasing thanks to the numerous external DPO duties we have been entrusted with by international companies since 2018.
Our lawyers are involved in :
- The implementation of national and international compliance projects (GDPR, Sapin II law) ;
- Data mapping and the creation of the data processing register ;
- Relations with subcontractors ;
- Drafting of compliance clauses for contracts entered into with third parties ;
- Drafting and reviewing privacy policies ;
- Assistance in the context of CNIL controls ;
- Notification of security breaches and their follow-up to the competent control authority ;
- Reviewing and adapting online user paths ;
- Supervision of personal data transfers outside the EU (standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules, etc.).
To support our clients as closely as possible to their needs, we have developed two specific offers :
- Audit & compliance: "GDPR 3D" ;
- Exclusive offer of compliance with the GDPR in a transverse way, in all three dimensions: legal, technological and organizational ;
- Compliance monitoring: “Easy DPO”.
IP, TECH & DATA LITIGATION
Our lawyers have a solid reputation, built up over more than 20 years of strategic litigation on behalf of their clients across the IP, Tech & Data spectrum. Our team has extensive experience in the following areas :
- IT litigation (poor execution of major projects, non-conforming deliveries: data centers, ERP, HRIS, etc.), including all related expertise procedures ;
- litigation related to e-commerce (online distribution, online contract and consumer law) ;
- criminal litigation related to cybersecurity (digital identity theft, security breaches, personal data law, payment system breaches, etc.) ;
- litigation relating to personal data before the CNIL ;
- litigation involving IP and digital law (sponsored links, meta-tags, screen-scrapping, peer-to-peer, remuneration for private copy, online distribution, databases, software, domain names, etc.) ;
- "classic" intellectual property litigation. We act both in "soft IP" (trademark law, literary and artistic property, designs) and in patent law, particularly in multi-jurisdictional actions ;
- trademark and domain name litigation, both in and out of court. In this respect, Frédéric Sardain has been a panelist at the Arbitration Center for Internet Disputes (Czech Arbitration Court) since 20006 and has rendered numerous awards in European domain name matters.